In this video, I want to share with you how I create the daily Brilliance Nuggets. What is the process for creating, editing, and publishing daily Brilliance Nuggets? What can you take away from that for your work?
In this video, I want to share with you how I create the daily Brilliance Nuggets. What you see here is a page inside of the app Notion. I use this app a lot. I’m showing you here a visual board (Kanban board). On it, each nugget progresses through the following stages:
- The idea
- The idea with notes
- The idea recorded as a video
- The edited video. For example, I may trip over my tongue. Then I just pause for a moment and repeat it. We’ll cut that piece out.
- The published idea.
There are a couple more steps that happen here.
- Editing the transcript and creating the image. (After recording this video, I realized that it would be good to add these steps. I did.)
This is the Brilliant Nuggets journey, as I call it. I have evolved it over time.
Here is an example. Today, I recorded: ”Batching Is Powerful” (actually, I changed it to “Batching is beautiful” – see below).
- When I think of the idea, I just create a board with the status idea and write”Batching Is Powerful”. This idea may occur to me while I’m sitting at a traffic light and I pull out my phone, I find this page, I click on this blue “new” button, and I just type in real quick or even dictate: ”Batching Is Beautiful”.
- Later on, when I think about this further, here’s what I do. I go to another website called monsterinsights.com/headline-analyzer and type in what I think would be a good and intriguing headline.
Let’s say I type in ”Batching Is Powerful,” and I analyze it how engaging the software things this headline is. In this case, it came out with 61. Then I thought of a slightly different twist on that headline. It’s ”Batching Is Beautiful” because truly it is. Voila, it came out with a rating of 76. When the software shows the analysis as green, that means that’s a good headline (or at least, the headline analyzer thinks so).
I’m now taking that headline, and I’m copying it, now that I’m happy with it. I open the page; each of these board items has its own page. I’m now changing the headline. As soon as I have a headline that I like, I change the status to notes. In this case, I don’t need to put a bunch of notes here for this particular nugget because I have it in my head. I’ve even written about it before. Therefore, I can go ahead and record this Brilliance Nugget.
- You can see that ”Batching Is Beautiful” is now shown under notes.
- When I record it, I move it over to recorded. (In fact, I have already recorded it.)
- When the video is edited, then I will move it over to video edited.
- Once it’s been published, I will move it over to the published status.
What Happens Next?
In between editing and publishing the video there are more steps:
- The transcript will be extracted out of Loom.com, which is where those videos sit.
- Then it goes into Grammarly, where it will be edited from there.
- It goes into WordPress, where sometimes it will be edited a little bit more.
- The image goes into it.
- Also, there is a light touch of SEO-related activities.
- I add a focus word
- A meta description is added as well. That is the description that shows up when you look for it on Google.
That, in a nutshell, is the Brilliance Nuggets Journey.
I hope this is useful to you from one of two perspectives. Either you want to
- Write your own nuggets and publish them, or
- See how you can outline a process and make a recording that can help you outsource certain steps of this.
In the latter case, let’s say I want to outsource video editing.
- I can tell someone with a separate video how I want this editing to happen.
- Then I can outsource that step. I can give them access to this Notion page by sharing it right here.
- Therefore, then they can say, “Okay, here are all the videos that are recorded and are ready for video editing; let me take care of these.”
- When that’s done, they can move it the corresponding nugget boards over to the video edited status.
- Then I can see that the nugget video is ready for the next step. I
I hope that’s helpful to you.
What could you do with this methodology?
P.S.: I appreciate you commenting and sharing this Treasure Tuesday with others. Thank you!