A dear friend of mine recently shared a cool nugget with me. I want to pass it on to you on how to get good where you need more success. because it strikes me as very helpful!
The nugget is this: Just about anyone is good in some area and far less good in another. If you want more success in an area you are currently not so good at, look at what you do in an area where you excel and get good at it.
Simple But Very Effective
- Which methods do I use there?
- How do I go about creating the success you have there?
Then apply those methods to your weak area. Brilliant!
How My Friend Did It
My friend is a business owner and entrepreneur in the health and fitness area. She wanted more success in the financial area of her life. Yet, she felt not very confident in financial matters. She depended on a professional advisor but she didn’t always feel he had her best interest in mind. Yet, she felt a lot of uncertainty about what to do.
Her “Aha” Moment
One fine day, it occurred to her that when she was getting conflicting advice about health matters, she had no problem sorting it out. She felt confident to analyze the various inputs and data and to come to a decision on what to do.
She decided that if she could do it in the complex area of health then what could stand in her way to do the same in the financial area?
Great question! She told herself that nothing was standing in her way except her mindset and the lack of confidence her mindset was creating. She told herself “I am good with money! I can do this!” She also picked up a book on the subject.
Soon her confidence rose. She started to decipher financial matters much better than ever before. She fired her financial advisor and took matters into her own hands. She says much more money started to flow into her bank account.
How She Created A Win-Win
She also changed the way clients were paying her. Instead of paying her by the hours, she created monthly packages. These packages
- Give her clients even more value and results!
- Give her a more consistent income that is not fluctuating up and down while her clients take vacations or other breaks.
That is a win-win! She was able to create that win-win because she identified how she creates success in another area of her life and then ported those same methods to the financial arena.
- In which area do you feel quite confident? In this area, creating success is pretty easy for you.
- What do you do to make that happen?
- In which other area would you like to see more success?
- How can you transfer your methods from your success area/s to the area where you’d like to gain more confidence and success?
P.S.: I appreciate you commenting and sharing this with others. Thank you!