Focusing on gratitude is one of the simplest ways to enhance your life. I’m declaring today as a day of gratitude. While gratitude should be part of every day – and hopefully it is- I plan to focus on gratitude for the whole day.
What that means is:
- When I sit on the couch with my son, I am grateful for being with him.
- While I drink my coffee, I am thankful for the warm feeling it brings.
- When I decorate the house for the holidays, I turn on music and enjoy every moment. And I’m grateful for it all.
- When I mount some baseboard in the pool bath – something I have meant to do for a long time – I will do it in a spirit of gratitude. I am grateful for my husband, our friend Byron, and the designer who made this room a reality.
- When my husband and I prepare for the progressive Christmas dinner with our neighbors, I will do it joyfully and without stress. That is because I am grateful for living in such a wonderful neighborhood. I will also enjoy it as time together with my husband.
- When I do work I love, I am grateful for having work I love.
- When I am doing things I need to do but not necessarily love, I am grateful, too. Today, I plan to clean my office’s desk. I am grateful that cleaning my desk for only 10 minutes is all it takes to make a difference!
- When we have friends over, I am grateful for their friendship and the great times we get to spend with each other.
You get the idea. We can do the same things and see them from different perspectives. We can see them as everyday experiences. Or as something you have to do. Some of them we might see as stressful.
Yet, we can also make a different choice. With a focus on gratitude, just about any activity or moment can become more fulfilling.
By the way, I am quite grateful for YOU. I’m thankful that you are reading the Brilliance Nuggets. I am grateful for you commenting and talking to me about them. Thank you!
What are you grateful for today?
P.S.: I appreciate you commenting and sharing this Treasure Tuesday with others. Thank you!